Firstly, every year when I start getting down to the business of the CSA for the new season I try to start from a place of considering my members and appreciating their loyalty, appreciation and the relationships I have developed with many of you. We hope to develop relationships like that with our feed customers but you've set the bar pretty high. We feel so lucky to have the members we do, who continue to keep coming back! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Prices have actually gone DOWN since last year, but it will run for an extra week, giving you 8 chickens over the season, rather than 7. Prices went down because last year I tried to take delivery costs into the overall price, but that ended up costing those who pick up at the farm the same as those in Charlottetown, so I'm working hard every year, to make this more equitable for everyone. So I've dropped the price by .40/lb (savings of approx $15/share) but I've carefully calculated delivery charges per location. It's taken a while but I'm confident that we've looked at the numbers objectively and are still able to maintain that what we're doing is indeed efficient and we're raising a better product, a happier animal and most importantly, healthier soil.
(That said, if anyone wants to see a breakdown of our costs and why we charge what we do, I am more than happy to provide that.)
This brings me to the Administration Fee for each member that I included last year. I know- as if we don't all have enough Admin Fees in our lives, now our CSA?! But in our evaluation of costs, I discovered how much time I was spending sitting here, managing numbers and spreadsheets and emails and as much I (obviously) love typing and chatting, it all adds up. But I didn't want to just add it into my overall costs because some members have several shares and some only have one and CSA management is really per member, not per share, so THUS you'll notice an Admin Fee of $2 per Member at the bottom.
- Summerside, your first delivery will be June 27 th.
Charlottetown, your first delivery will be July 4th.
- Delivery locations and times have been confirmed for Summerside and I have changed you to Tuesdays to match up with Jen's Farm Fresh Veggies (and keep life simple for me). So S'side, I'll see you every second Tuesday at Trinity United Church parking lot from 4:30-5:30.
- And Ch'town your location is Spring Park United church parking lot from 4:00-5:30. If location is a deciding factor for you, let me know and I'll take it into consideration and hold a spot for you until it's sorted.
- Are you brand new to the idea of a CSA? Is this all strange and overwhelming? Welcome! Please refer to this post for my first year info, keeping in mind the afore-mentioned changes (and that it was 2013 so a lot has changed since then).
- If you've still got questions after reading this: Please contact me with any questions. Email is probably the most reliable: sallywbATgmailDOTcom. Here is the LINK to sign up!
- Lastly, please don't hesitate to ask for an installation payment plan. I am happy to work out something with post-dated cheques.
Thanks so much! I can't wait to see everyone!